Science & Technology
Technologie-Anthropolog*innen, Psycholog*innen, Cybersecurity-Researcher*innen, Historiker*innen, Neurobiolog*innen, Soziolog*inen (und und und ...) - dieser Track ist euch und eurer Forschung gewidmet. Hier untersuchen wir die Synergien von Wissenschaft und Technologie. Wir fragen, wie technologische Entwicklungen und Innovationen Kultur und Gesellschaft beeinflussen, wie Kultur und Gesellschaft ihrerseits digitale Entwicklung und Innovation vorantreiben. Dabei interessieren uns Infrastrukturen und Hardware ebenso wie Einblicke in die Logbücher aus Laboren, ThinkTanks und Universitäten. Nicht zuletzt geht es uns auch um das Träumen, das Tüfteln, das Designen, um neue Materialien - um Making und Hacking.
- Science & Technology-When it comes to emerging technologies we often fall back in our old bad habits: Ideas and services are created with tech at the core. Where are people in this equation? How can we create trust for AI, IoT and co?
This talk will describe different emerging technologies that improve people's lives. It will also show what to consider, if you want to solve problems with the means of new technologies.
- Science & TechnologyTeens & Kids-We will be creating our own bubble soap and making different sized bubble blowing tools from straws to large wands. We will be testing to see how big we can make our bubbles before they pop and using our craft skills to see if we can make geometric shapes for bubbles. In this activity we will be observing light refraction, learning about shapes and testing different materials for best results.
For our take home craft, you can make your own bubble painting.
- Science & TechnologyCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany (CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)-The Cambridge Analytica scandal is about many (scandalous) things at the same time: This high-profile panel will explain what this is really about, why it matters and debate what needs to be done. Ravi Naik is currently suing Cambridge Analytica. Paul-Olivier Dehaye helped journalists uncover the use of personal data in elections, leading up to the Cambridge Analytica scandal. Together with her team at Privacy International, Frederike Kaltheuner has investigated the systemic problem of data exploitation in the context of elections, such as in Kenya.
- Science & TechnologyTech for Good- , - , -In a future of distributed manufacturing, distributed quality control becomes essential. Field Ready designs life-saving devices that are made in disaster responses. Help us with our designs and develop an understanding of the challenges faced in making quality products in some of the most challenging conditions in the world.
- Science & TechnologyCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany (CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)-In this talk, I'll discuss the evolution of Citizen Journalism to Citizen Science, and why that classification is unhelpful, how Safecast revolutionized the state of art, best practices for working with communities and "open" is more trustworthy than "official."
- Science & TechnologyPOPCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany (CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)-How Google work? How does Google tackle misinformation and controversial content in Search? How is machine learning and AI shaping the future of Search?
- Science & Technology-How are VFRAME and the Syrian Archive initiative working together to innovate new tools and improve open source information gathering technology to strengthen justice and advocacy efforts?
- Science & TechnologyCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany (CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)-In her recent book Algorithms of Oppression, Safiya Umoja Noble challenges the idea that search engines like Google offer an equal playing field for all forms of ideas, identities, and activities. Data discrimination is a real social problem.
- Science & TechnologyWe Can Work It OutCreative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Germany (CC BY-SA 3.0 DE)-Forensic Architecture is an independent research agency that undertakes historical and theoretical examinations of the history and present in articulating notions of public truth.
- Science & TechnologyWe Can Work It Out-An onomatopoetic hackathon to co-create a cacophonic compilation of our former office lives.