At re:publica, sparkling eyes do not only belong in front of the stages, unnexpected surprises can be found everywhere.
The re:publica Track unites supporting program, evening program and all the colorful ongoings, that can be discovered and shaped by you. Be prepared to get kidnapped by aliens, your decision on who to vote for is understood by an artificial intelligence and a machine that mixes cherry and banana juice tells you about your fortune. Also exciting: you will find video and sound installations about physicality and identity all over the station.
If you want to escape from the digital stream at some point, there is the possibility to play ukulele or to think about your relationship to your smartphone at Maya Magnas Performance. All of these activities take place as installations, performances, live-video-broadcasting and inside virtual reality.
A small hint at the end: there will be a lot of Disco Dance, so it is time to get your training shoes from the basement. Move your body to the POP!
- re:publica-Can we convert ourselves?
Loosen up the borders
That were pushed upon us
Shift into something new
Change to the unreal
Making the unphysical
Delete our body memory
Annulate our genes
Reverse our gender
Can we convert ourselves?
Be everything and nothing at once
Be more then nature has gifted us with
Or is this evolution?
- WHITE ROOM -
- re:publicaGeraldine de Bastion, Max Spallek, Paulina Schumann, Krsto Lazarevic, Nina Duda, Susanne Adele Schlüter, Jens Best, Mirco Blitz, Salwa Houmsi, Jörn Hendrik Ast, Yannic Hannebohn, Julian Kamphausen, Julius Hackspiel, Samara Chadwick, Humayon Tahir, Marlene Ronstedt, Maike Hank, Jöran Muuß-Merholz, Henning Hahn, Will Senyo, Laura Weinert, Katharina Seifert, Amanda Brennan, Silvio Heinze, Laura Lewandowski, Jenny Genzmer, Jonas Vollmer, Marie Claire Leidinger, Sonja LehmannOur Stage Hosts for re:publica 2018!
- re:publica-Mi and Mo have been sent by the intergalactic federation to search for changemakers on planet earth. With their newest technology they will put you to the test - do you have it in you to be the change you would like to see in the world?
- re:publica-An idea, waiting to flourish. An idea, longing to be heard. An idea, to become famous. Tell re:publica what you are dreaming about!
Face the camera. We want to give you one minute of fame!
- re:publicaDie Technologie schafft uns ab: sagt das Valley, das Feuilleton und zunehmend auch deutsche CEOs. Roboter übernehmen unsere Jobs, das Denken übernimmt die AI. Muss Zukunft immer Angst machen? Wir sagen: Nö.
In einer Exploration um die Welt haben wir Menschen kennengelernt, die Dinge anders machen, ihre Nische suchen oder im besten Einklang mit der Technologie leben. Wir machen diese Zukunft mit Videoausschnitten und Texten in einer Installation erfahrbar - und laden zum Mitgestalten ein.
- re:publica-An experimental IoT (Internet of Things) CloudLamp tied to NLP (Natural Language Processing) sentiment analysis of near real-time stream of random tweets. Interactive audience participation by tweeting a specific hashtag #gig18 or #defyHateNow.
- MAKERSPACE INDOOR -
- re:publica- , - , -Demographic change is presenting the German care system with an ever-increasing challenge. Digital innovations such as robots could be part of the solution. However, for the successful introduction and sustainable acceptance of concepts and solutions for tomorrow's care, the potential of new technologies must be systematically linked to the needs of the practice and ethical issues.
We bring "Pepper" to the GIG Makerspace at re: publica in order for the public to meet and test a robot that supports caretakers, but also to discuss concerns and questions, and to jointly develop application scenarios. Every re:publica day after lunch, we offer a hands-on dance and gymnastics session with Pepper, followed by an open discussion.
- MAKERSPACE INDOOR -