At re:publica, sparkling eyes do not only belong in front of the stages, unnexpected surprises can be found everywhere.
The re:publica Track unites supporting program, evening program and all the colorful ongoings, that can be discovered and shaped by you. Be prepared to get kidnapped by aliens, your decision on who to vote for is understood by an artificial intelligence and a machine that mixes cherry and banana juice tells you about your fortune. Also exciting: you will find video and sound installations about physicality and identity all over the station.
If you want to escape from the digital stream at some point, there is the possibility to play ukulele or to think about your relationship to your smartphone at Maya Magnas Performance. All of these activities take place as installations, performances, live-video-broadcasting and inside virtual reality.
A small hint at the end: there will be a lot of Disco Dance, so it is time to get your training shoes from the basement. Move your body to the POP!
- re:publicaBlockchain-In the upcoming IoT era, humans and machines do need to have secure and trustworthy digital identities. Only then data and values can be transferred reliably. This means that the modeling and handling of data and tokens needs to reach higher levels of security and transparency as well as respect for data privacy. Blockchain-enabled systems can achieve all of that, and on top automated data and value transfer. This will enable very efficient processes that use digital twins, trusted machine or sensor data, smart contracts and trustworthy identities to settle them.
- re:publicaBlockchain-Having in mind the enterprise mission, but also considering the social impact of new technologies in various fields, generates a paradigm shift. The role of enterprise shifts towards being a social enabler, contributor and partner for sustainable social development.
- re:publica-A Portable Network Kit (PNK) is a simply assembly of equipment that builds a basic wireless network (raspberry pi server + router + access point + battery). You can use it to communicate in an emergency, as an offline/local "sneakernet," or to share an internet connection. In this workshop we'll use a PNK to demystify wireless networking, and to create a consentful technology - one that embeds our consent as users, our control of our digital bodies, into tech design and function.
- re:publicaPOP- , - , -Between the talks:
You do not need so much to improve your work-life balance today: change your main activity for a while, refresh your mind, catch some positive energy and let yourself be amazed by the dance session. It is a perfect break for your active digital mind and your body. Immerse in the world of joyful Latinamerican rhythms and dynamic movements. Join me for the dance session, learn quickly some basic steps, feel the music and let's dance.
Neither dance experience nor a dance partner are needed. Just be there and have fun! The session's language depends on the group. The content of the last dance action on the 4th of May will be defined by the participants' choices (the best music of the first two dance actions). Participate in the all actions and enjoy your favorite movements and music during the last dance session of the conference.
- re:publicaSmart Cities-Silicity Protocols ist eine PDF-Reihe über die aufkommende Welt-Architektur eines neuen digitalen Zeitalters. In Form von PDF-Protokollen und digitalen Collagen werden neue Begrifflichkeiten und Bildhaftigkeiten der globalen Architektonik untersucht und kritisch aufgezeigt.