- Our next #rp18 speaker, Morehshin Allahyari, works as a curator and media artist in San Francisco - located close to the dark, pulsating heart of Silicon Valley. Allahyari pushes boundaries. Professionally and personally, she oscillates between the Near East and the “West.”
- We are excited to welcome our next speaker author, researcher and Internet freedom advocate Rebecca MacKinnon!
- We are thrilled to welcome architect and author Eyal Weizman, whose interdisciplinary agency “Forensic Architecture” helps to document and expose injustice.
- We would like to invite you to our first Berlin Town Hall Meeting on March 1— an evening for and with you!
- In the conference’s “We Can Work It Out” topic, scientist, activist, and re:publica veteran Trebor Scholz will discuss opportunities for making work environments agreeable again, now and in the future.
re:publica just wouldn't be the same without its many volunteers. Every year, they make sure our event runs smoothly and retains its unique atmosphere. As for the upcoming #rp18 on Mai 2018, we’re currently looking for enthusiastic supporters to help out from 30th April to 7th May (for an eight-hour day including breaks).
- Drum roll for the joint re:publica and MEDIA CONVENTION Berlin opening speaker – danah boyd! She is interested in how a human’s (media-constructed) surroundings change the structural conditions.
- Orit Halpern is a hypermodern renaissance person. At #rp18, the Professor will be taking us along for the ride as she builds bridges between the history of science, computing and cybernetics.