- This year, we not only have the honour of welcoming speakers Wendy Chun and Safiya Umoja Noble from the US. Katherine Roberts Maher, Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation (US), will also be flying in for #rp18.
- The Berlin pop critic Jens Balzer will be explaining present-day mass cultural phenomena to us and #rp18. Clear the stage for an introduction into pop!
- #rp18 Speaker Professor Wendy Hui Kyong Chun explores the connections between the humanities and engineering, critical theory and new media.
- We’re happy to be able to introduce the next #rp18 speaker: Jack-of-all-trades Sean Bonner – researcher, designer, producer, photographer, and the co-founder of the environmental data aggregator Safecast. And that’s just for starters…
- Autocomplete carries a lot of weight: #rp18 speaker Safiya Noble investigates how search engine suggestions play an active role in shaping our conception of the world, while also helping to further distort representations of people and groups.
- We’re super excited to already be able to present you the first #rp18 speaker as part of the “We can WORK it out” topic: Physicist and science journalist Ranga Yogeshwar!